There are three kinds of returns and exchanges considered here:
If you’re not completely happy with the product you have purchased, and it's not a clearance item, you are welcome to return most products to us within 60 days of the original purchase. We'll be happy to exchange it for a different size or even a completely different product (if it's in stock), or, you are entitled a refund on the purchase price (excluding freight).
The following conditions apply to all change of mind returns and exchanges
- All returns and exchanges must be received by us within 60 calendar days of purchase
- Product must be returned with proof of purchase, preferably a copy of the original receipt
- Product must be resaleable; i.e. in new, unused condition, with all its tags and be in its original packaging
- Due to safety restrictions, we cannot accept returns of snow helmets, climbing, rope sports or safety equipment
- Due to health and hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of underwear and swimwear
- Returns of specially ordered products, custom made, bulk quantity or corporate special orders can only be exchanged or refunded at Mainpeak's discretion and may incur restocking charges
- Clearance items are not normally accepted for 'change of mind' returns and exchanges. This policy applies for online purchases as well as any purchases made at our retail store clearance sales like the 'Sidewalk Sale'.
- Mainpeak is not responsible for any postage, freight, or other costs associated with returning goods
- Mainpeak reserves the right to reject any returns that don't adhere to our returns policy
How to Return or Exchange an Item
Exchanging or returning an item purchased from Mainpeak is easy using our RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) system for electronic lodgement and approval. Just follow these simple steps:
- If you have an account sign in to the Mainpeak website and navigate to the My Account section. If you comepleted your order as a Guest, please use this link.
- Navigate to the RMA Page and click the Request New RMA link in the top-right corner
- Select the order you wish to return from the drop-down box and complete the required fields
- If requesting an exchange, please specify replacement colour/size in the comments section
- Submit your request to our customer service department
Done! What Happens Next?
- Approval of your request can take up to one business day
- Once approved, select the Print Label option in the top-right corner of the RMA request page
- Package the label with item and send (we recommend Registered Post) to the address provided in the comments. The goods are your responsibility until they reach us, so make sure they are packed up properly so they don't get damaged in transit
- Select the Confirm Shipping option in the top-right corner of the RMA request page
- Once received, your refund or exchange will be processed within three business days. If an item you wish to exchange for is out of stock a refund will be processed.
Alternatively returns or exchanges can be processed by any of the friendly staff at our store locations.
As a consumer, you benefit from statutory consumer guarantees in respect of items purchased from Mainpeak. Mainpeak will always honour its obligations under consumer guarantees in accordance with Australian consumer law.
If you have any problem with a product that:
- You believe is defective or faulty
- Does not match the description or sample provided
- Is not fit for purpose advertised
you can return it to Mainpeak for assessment. Subject to that assessment we will offer a full refund (including freight where obliged), replacement, or repair (if we consider the defect to be minor) or exchange. Please note that sometimes our assessment will include consultation with the manufacturer which can take some time.
If you believe you have received products that are faulty, damaged, or not fit for the purpose advertised, please contact us here or by phone (08) 6103-4544 and we will help you through the process of returning the item to us for assessment. Please note all items must be returned clean and dry. We will not handle wet, dirty or otherwise unhygienic products. Any items returned which aren't in a suitable condition to be assessed will be returned to the customer.
Mainpeak will not accept for return or exchange any goods which when sold were second hand, ex-hire, factory seconds or demo stock. These goods are sold without warranty of any kind.